Friday, March 13, 2020

Verona before the Corona


VERONA 
(I know, I know...I probably could have chosen a better name for this post, but I couldn't help myself. I'll probably change it in the future...)

Known for the setting of "Romeo and Juliet", this little town gets millions of tourists every year that come to see Juliet's balcony. Aside from that, I think this town is still worth a visit. A half day and an overnight stay is the perfect amount of time to see all the highlights the town has to offer. Making time for a pasta dinner followed by gelato is also essential.

After flying into Venice, we zipped to Verona for an overnight stay. Getting here is a breeze by train. We took a regional train that got us to town in just about an hour. The remainder of the day was spent at the Verona Arena, soaking in the views of the Castel San Pietro from the Ponte Pietra bridge, and visiting the Verona Cathedral.



       
"Juliet's Balcony"
Verona Arena





Castel San Pietra



No comments:

Post a Comment